Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Warner Lucille Coplen

I wanted to write down the experience of Warner Lu coming into the world so she could always come back and read this someday.  When I found out I was pregnant with Warner I was so estatic.  Her daddy and I had been waiting for another little child for a long time.  We had experienced many ups and downs along the way.  We had gotten pregnant two times before you came but unfortunately they ended in miscarriage.  So when I found out I was pregnant with you I was so excited but at the same time scared and nervous.  I really wanted you to make it past that 13 week mark.  I remember going to my 13-14 week appointment and Dr Beck was sick so he wasn't there to do my ultrasound, I was so sad that I may not get one because I really just wanted to know that everything was ok and you were growing properly.  So Christie the nicest nurse ever decided she would try and find you and make sure you were ok for me.  She started moving the wand all over on my stomach and she couldn't find you.  Immediately I started to panic and tears started to come out of my eyes.  I was so sure I would have to be told the bad news again.  When Christie saw how upset I was she told hold on let me get Dr Tutt so he can take a look.  I lay there on the bed waiting for them to come back in and tears are starting to stream down my face now.  I said a quick prayer in my head to my Heavenly Father to make everything be ok.  After what seemed like an eternity Dr Tutt came in and put the wand thingy on my belly and he found you instantly.  I felt a rush of emotion come over me.  I was so HAPPY and THANKFUL to my Heavenly Father for giving you to me.  Both DR Tutt and Christie said wow those are some long legs, and I knew right then you were mine and you were a Coplen. 
     The next months of the pregnancy went really well and I was so excited to get to meet you.  Deep down I knew you would be a girl becuase I had this feeling.  Sure enough we had more than one ultrasound to confirm you were a girl for sure (only because Tillman was also going to be a girl but well ya you know your brother is not a girl) once Dr Beck gave me the ok to buy pink I was so excited.  I knew I was going to have to schedule you to be born a week early if you didn't come before that due to the CRAZY summer that lie ahead.  Uncle Ty would be home on June 21st and aunt Mo and Lance would be married on July 17th, and Dr Beck was scheduled to go out of town and I didn't want him not to be there for the delivery. So I scheduled to have you exactly one week early on June 18th.  Well when June 18th rolled around I got a call from the hospital the night before saying we are too full here and you can't come in today, and we will call you when we have a bed available.  So needless to say we were sad and a little anxious that it was just not going to happen.  Then the next day around 3:30 pm I got a call that they had a bed available and to get there as soon as possible.  So we dropped Tillman off at grandma and grandpa Cal's house and called Kennadee who was at the Barn helping Daniel coach volleyball and told her that grandma and grandpa would pick her up and off to the hospital your daddy and I raced.  We got there and checked in, and I was so excited I forgot to eat anything and so I knew I would be so hungry after I had you because you can't eat once you get all hooked up.  They got me hooked to the pitocin around 5:00 pm and about an hour to an hour and half later I asked for my epidural.  In between this time DR Beck came in to check me as he was still at the hospital and had just delivered another baby.  It was a very rigorous check and after it actually broke my water.  I told the Nurse it broke my water and I don't think she believed me, when the new nurse came in I told her and she checked and sure enough my water had broken.  Not long after this your Grandma Theresa and uncle Wade showed up.  Eventually Wade left and Grandma Theresa stayed.  I was watching the Bachelorette on the tv. It was Jef and Emily's season. We kept calling Grandma Pommie and aunt Mo and we didn't think I would progress very fast so we told them to wait until I was around a 7 or 8 and then head up.  Well I was at a 4 and then an hour later Dr Beck came in and said you are at an 8 so we called them to tell them to come up. Right about that time I felt I needed to throw up, Dr Beck came over and wiped me off with a towell, he is the best Dr ever. He then left and came back in about 10 minutes later and said you are ready. It only took a couple of pushes. So about 10 minutes later at about 1:14 am out you came.  You weighed 8 lbs 15 oz and were 22 inches long.  You were huge. No wonder why I was so uncomfortable.  I was so excited and so happy you were here.  You were so beautiful.  Like literally beautiful.  Of course I started to cry because I couldn't believe you were actually here.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for allownig me to be your mama.You had the cutest daintiest nose and beautiful eyes.  Unfortunately Grandma Pommie and aunt Mo didn't make it in time but they got there about 20 minutes after you were born and were so excited.  Grandpa Cal, Kennadee and Tillman were there too and they were so excited to see you.  You were loved so much.

6 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Love hearing birth stories. Thanks for sharing!

The Gurrs said...

Love your story. so glad that she is dang cute and here.

The Gurrs said...

Love your story. so glad that she is dang cute and here.

The Gurrs said...

Love your story. so glad that she is dang cute and here.

The Gurrs said...

Love your story. so glad that she is dang cute and here.

The Gurrs said...

Love your story. so glad that she is dang cute and here.