Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Paleo

So my hubby and I have decided to try and get healthy.  Not neccesarily get skinny but get healthy.  My brother Josh came over to my mom's house about six months ago and was all the rage about Paleo.  He said that he had just read a book by Robb Wolf called the Paleo Solution.  Apparently the whole firestation shift he was on was trying to be healthy and was all for Paleo. So needless to say I read the book myself and found it quite interesting and it makes a whole lot of sense.  It basically is cutting out all grains and dairy.  Did you know that cows that eat grass naturally produce milk, and cows that are fed grains have to be pumped full of hormones to produce milk.  Gross right.  It takes us back to our ancestors who lived in the Paleolithic era and were hunters and gatherers.  When they look at the skeleton's from those who lived during that time compared to those who lived during agriculutre the comparisons are amazing.  I have been doing the Paleo diet for over a  week now and I have to say I do feel a lot better.  I don't feel bloated and gross.  My stomach doesn't hurt and I am not so tired.  My hubby is already down 15 pounds, his blood perssure has dropped significantly, and he already doesn't snore near as much or loud, and the biggest plus is that he doens't pass gas the way he used too.  I know TMI but it's great for me and my kids that this has changed (if you know what I mean.)  It really is amazing.  I would reccomend this approach to anyone.  Rob says to give it 30 days and then after that live it 80-90 % of the time and you will be HEALTHY.  So my hubby and I are giving it the 30 days.  I thought I would blog about it along the way and kind of blog about what I eat for the day. 
Yesterday for breakfast I had watermelon and a handful of almonds
Lunch was leftover steak and half of a sweet potato and a pear
I snacked on blueberries and almonds
Dinner was a delicious combination of onions, tomatoes, garlic, zucchinni, basil, and chives mixed with eggs.  It was too die for.  I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning. 
For lunch today I am having ceviche
Dinner will be seafood chowder.
There are a million recipes online for the Paleo Solution so we try and mix it up!
Tomorrow night I am going to try an orange chicken recipe.  My kids are also snacking on fruits and veggies instead of granola bars full of high fructose corn sugar and potato chips. 
I do have to say when El Charro opens up I will have to eat there at least once a month though. After all I come from Rogers blood. LOL! :)

0 comments: